National Carers Week runs from 10th – 16th June. Carers week aims to raise awareness of unpaid caring, highlight the challenges carers face and recognise the contribution they make to families and communities throughout the UK.
The Stockton Adult Carers Support Service have lots of interesting events planned to help achieve this aim and ensure that all carers within Stockton-on-Tees are connected to their communities.
However, they would like to challenge to you!
How will your service or organisation be acknowledging carers week this year? Some ideas we have come across include,
- Organising a coffee morning to celebrate all carers who use your service
- Handing out carers information packs during the week
- Arranging an information stall or drop in to offer carers support and advice
- Arranging a walk, outing or day trip for carers
- Offering a discount for all carers during the week as a small thank you for their contribution
- Publishing a commitment to carers statement on your website or social media
- Sharing the carers week information from other services on your website, email or social media pages
- Allowing your employees or colleagues some time during the week to attend one of the Carers Service’s scheduled events to either act as a carers champion within your service or to get information and support regarding their own caring role
- Asking carers what more you can do to make them feel supported (not just your clients or service users, think about your colleagues, family and friends too!)
- Use the hashtag #StocktonCares for all of your social media posts highlighting unpaid carers within Stockton-on-Tees
Whatever you decide to do – make sure you let them know so that they can share all of your examples of good practice, imagination and commitment with their carers via social media and in our newsletter. Don’t forget to tag them on facebook @StocktonAdultCarersSupportService and #StocktonCares
Stockton Adult Carers Support Service love to hear good news stories and see pictures too, so don’t be shy, sing your own praises, promote your services and make sure carers know what it is you have to offer them.
They can’t wait to see who will rise to the challenge!
#StocktonCares #NationalCarersWeek2019 #CarersWeek #ThinkCarer
Find out more https://www.carersweek.org/