National Smile Month is a charity campaign all about championing the benefits of having good oral health and promoting the value of a healthy smile. Between 17 May and 17 June.
The Oral Health Foundation is running a fully digital campaign for National Smile Month this year and would love for you to get involved in the activities they have planned.
Here is a breakdown of the different campaign activities:
- Nominate a Smile: Nominate someone who has gone the extra mile to make a difference in their community and spread smiles to so many people.
Working in the voluntary sector we all know someone who goes above and beyond for a cause they care about, and winners of this competition will receive a free top of the line oral B electric toothbrush to help their smile shine even brighter.
- Sharing a Smile: Take a smiley selfie and post on social media with the hashtag #SharingASmile to spread smiles far and wide across the UK.
- Smiley Monster Competition: Use oral health products like old toothbrushes and mouthwash bottles to create a smiley monster and help us raise awareness of sustainability in oral healthcare whilst doing a fun arts and crafts project with your families or community groups.
- Cleanse Your Cupboard and Rate My Plate: Nutritionist approved activities to get involved with. Throughout smile month registered nutritionists will be sharing tips on how to cut down on sugar intake and swap out food items for more oral health friendly alternatives.
- The Great British Brushathon: On Wednesday the 2nd of June take a selfie of you brushing your teeth and post it to social media using the hashtag #GreatBritishBrushathon to help us get the UK talking about oral healthcare.
- Social Media Sharing: Help us spread oral healthcare messages across social media with free downloadable posters and social media images.
It will be great for you and your community groups to join in and help make a positive impact on people’s lives and help The Oral Health Foundation spread important oral healthcare messages to more people.