Nationwide Building Society is offering grants of between £10,000 and £50,000 for projects of either one year or two years.
Projects should target one of Nationwide’s three outcomes:
- Preventing people from losing their home.
- Helping people in a home.
- Supporting people to thrive within the home environment.
The funding will support core costs (up to 20% of the grant amount requested); staff and volunteer costs; small-scale capital costs; activity costs; development and capacity building costs ; and building works and refurbishment costs.
Nationwide has made two changes to its 2021 programme:
- Charities should have been running for at least three years and have a £25,000 minimum average income over three years.
- There is now a cap on the number of applications per region. This has been introduced in order to manage volumes and to preserve a success rate of approximately one in four (25% of those who apply within each region will receive funding). The cap means the date on which applications close in different regions may be earlier than 17 June 2021.
Applications will be accepted from 17 May to midnight on 17 June 2021.