Want an unforgettable autumn half term with NCS?
If you’re 16-17*, find out how you can get involved and sign up at WEARENCS.COM
You’ll spend the week…
- Meeting a bunch of new people
- Gaining skills to make your CV shine
- Taking part in exciting new things
- Showing off your creative side
- Boosting your confidence
And, at the end of the week you’ll have time to get involved in your local community and create positive change through social action. Because let’s face it, as we all start to navigate our way around this new normal, everyone could do with an extra bit of help – and this is the perfect place to start if you’re not quite sure how to do it!
NCS this Autumn is free and places are limited. Find out more and sign up at WEARENCS.COM
*You must be 16 or 17 on 31 August 2020 to go on NCS this year.
NCS Autumn Activities
NCS programmes cannot go ahead as normal this Autumn due to social distancing measures. However, we aim to deliver a range of innovative activities that provide the best possible NCS experience for young people, consistent with social distancing and flexible to local context. So rather than an Autumn ‘programme’, we’re talking about Autumn ‘activities’.
- Participation in Autumn activities will be free of charge to schools, parents/guardians and young people;
- Participation in Autumn NCS activities will not exclude age eligible young people from participation in 2021 programmes.
- No overnight residential.
Aims of Autumn activity
- Support schools in bringing their communities back together.
- Provide personal development and practical life skills.
- Support the wellbeing of young people processing their experience of COVID-19, and understanding the experience of others.
- Prioritise the most vulnerable in your local areas.
- Encourage young people to get involved in the recovery efforts through local social action.
16 and 17 year old young people or up to 25 if SEND.
Here’s the link for young people to sign up for the Autumn activities, however, if you have harder to reach young people who would require more support to engage with NCS and would need additional support, please contact NCS directly to see how they can best accommodate.
NCS School Support Offer
In addition to traditional NCS-led activities, NCS they will be providing a new schools support offer for Year 11 students. This will be free to schools and delivered throughout autumn. It will complement activities that schools are offering as part of their post-COVID-19 re-engagement.
Schools will be offered a range of NCS activities over 2-10 days which can be tailored to meet their needs and which reflect the new world and ‘new normal’ as young people begin to imagine and shape the future. We have built these activities to be in line with your own Personal Development programmes and are able to offer these activities via online delivery where more appropriate. Our aim is to provide as much support to your students and staff to help re-engagement in full time education.
Here is a link to the letter that was sent to all Headteachers by our CEO in July and the attachment that outlines in more detail the 7 modules that are being offered to schools and colleges. Please could you promote this offer to schools and/or colleges and if you are interested or would like more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org