The Newcastle Building Society Community Fund, at the Community Foundation serving Tyne & Wear and Northumberland, provides grants to local charities across the North East, Cumbria, and North Yorkshire.
More than £2.3m in financial support has been distributed, through grants and donations, to benefit local causes and make a real difference in the areas where we’re based.
More recently we’ve supported charities what are working to tackle issues linked to employability, food poverty, debt management, homelessness, and the environment.
Community Fund grants to a maximum of £5,000.
Applications close on the 29th August 2023.
We will prioritise projects that support employability, food poverty, debt management, homelessness and the environment.
In order to make a nomination for funding, your charity must meet the following criteria:
- Groups must be nominated by at least one current customer of the Society
- Recognised community groups/initiatives within the North East or branch area for out-of-area branches
- Any funding provided must ‘make a difference’ and be the reason why the initiative would be able to start
- Project must be at a stage where it can start within 3 months
- The funding must be used for a specific project – not just a donation
- The project must align with one of our charitable themes – hospices and cancer care services, debt management, the environment, or working to tackle food poverty, homelessness, or social isolation