‘Now’s the Time’ is part of the Justice and Equality Fund, which aims to make workplaces and other contexts just, safe and equitable for all and ensure that anyone who has been subjected to harassment and abuse, including sexual violence at work, is better able to access support and justice.
The Now’s the Time programme will award up to £1 million through a Challenge Fund which asks: ‘What would you do toward ending sexual harassment?’
The Fund is looking for ideas, solutions, the best next steps to support the following:
- Prevention work (including education and other initiatives)
- Awareness-raising activities
- Grass-roots activism
- Work with groups and communities who might face additional barriers to getting their voices heard, or might be at higher risk of sexual harassment and abuse, to amplify those voices
- Work that tries out new ideas
- Innovative uses of tech/arts/sports/etc
- Work that replicates tried and tested approaches in new settings
- Work that others can learn from.
There is particular interest in cross-sector partnerships where the expertise of specialist voluntary sector organisations at the forefront of this work is shared with others, to help drive broader change.
Up to £1 million will be awarded through this programme.
Two levels of grants are provided:
- Grants of between £5,000 and £25,000 for one year. (Women’s organisations can apply by themselves or in partnership.)
- Grants of £25,000 and £100,000 for over one to three years. (Women’s organisations will need to apply in partnership with at least one other organisation.)
The funding is:
- Mostly for revenue costs.
- For new work or an extension, or continuation, of existing work.
Applications are currently being accepted for the smaller grants. Larger grant applications will be accepted from 24 September 2018.
The closing date for smaller grant applications is 27 September 2018.
Useful documents & links
Addresses and contacts
For further information on how to obtain this grant locally, please contact the following:
Tel: 020 7697 3466