This is the latest version and is the entry-level Paediatric First Aid course.
The content of this course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines and come with a certified CPD statement as well as a ProTrainings certificate
This course will cover the following:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider
- Be able to assess an emergency situation safely
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who are unresponsive
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who are choking
- Be able to provide first aid to an infant or a child with external bleeding
- Know how to provide first aid to an infant or a child who is suffering from shock
- Know how to provide first aid to an infant or child with bites, stings and other minor injuries such as:
- Small Cuts
Please note that while the majority of our courses are free for members of the VCSE sector to attend, a £25 cancellation fee will be charged if you cancel your place within 48 hours of the training taking place or you fail to attend. In cases of training taking place over a number of days, you will be charged £25 for each session missed.