Butterwick Hospice is offering a secondment opportunity for 6 to 12 months for a Nurse Leader with excellent clinical/management skills to manage the clinical and operational reopening of end-of-life services within the adult hospice.
Someone who is able to empower the staff team to deliver outstanding care, someone who has sound understanding of current legal and administrative procedures concerning care of palliative and end of life patients and someone who will act as first point of contact for the management of the unit.
- To re-establish 24/7 palliative services including symptom control, pain management and end of life care.
- To return the unit to full capacity and operability providing end of life and respite care
- To increase referrals into the unit and improve awareness and visibility of the services offered
- To meet CQC standards of safe, effective, responsive, caring and well led services provision
The unit has provided limited services for a number of months due to Covid and a challenging CQC inspection and we need an exceptional palliative care nurse who can support the team to turn the service around to return to providing excellent care.
Within the role you will be expected to:
- Provide the highest standard of nursing care & be a role model to junior staff
- Co-ordinate all clinical aspects of the unit & ensure co-operation between departments
- Implement clinical & administrative policies, procedures & regulations
- Ensure compliance by others of policies, procedures & regulations
- Support staff through debriefs, appraisals, training, meetings & development of evidence/ research-based practice
- Lead by example to ensure consistently high standards of clinical care & documentation
- An experienced RMN with a current Pin Number
- Committed to delivering improvement strategies across all aspects of clinical service provision
- Experienced in managing change, leadership initiatives, motivating & developing others
- Open, compassionate, honest & resilient
- Capable of undertaking audits, developing, following-up & ensuring completion of action plans
Butterwick Hospice Care was founded 36 years ago by the incredibly inspirational Mary Butterwick OBE. Providing a holistic service to adults, children and babies, the organisation supports patients with palliative and progressive diagnoses as well as their families and loved ones.
This is a key role in the delivery of high-quality care is the Clinical Team Leader who provides vision, drive, outstanding leadership in the operation and development of our Adult hospices an 8-bedded in patient unit providing palliative and end-of-life care
Closing Date: Friday 20th August , interviews to be held mid-September.
This post is deemed to require an Enhanced Disclosure Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service due to the fact that there is access to children or vulnerable adults. Further information on the Disclosure Service is available from www.disclosure.gov.uk