Does your Doctor’s surgery have a patient participation group?
If they do, then they could possibly need your help. If you have an interest in the health sector and would like to help improve health services then this may be the role for you.
Members of patient participation groups:
- give the patient a voice in the organisation
- promote good health by encouraging and supporting activities within the practice and promoting preventative medicine
- provide feedback to other NHS departments if/when required
- contribute to the practice decision-making process
- not only serve as a ‘safety valve’ when representing patients but also help patients to understand the practice’s point of view
- provide feedback on patients’ needs, concerns and interests.