The Pioneering Care Partnership (PCP) is a leading award-winning charity whose mission is Health, Wellbeing and Learning for All.
BBO Road Health Trainer
Salary: Band 3, £18,334 per annum with progress opportunities
Hours: 16 hours per week (Fixed term contract to 31st December 2021)
To work in a range of settings in County Durham to support a caseload of Reaching Out Across Durham (ROAD) participants and provide them with 1:1 and group support, helping them overcome health barriers to employment. Working closely with Navigators to enable participants to address their barriers and realize their aspirations. ROAD is a Building Better Opportunities Programme and is funded by the European Social Fund and the National Lottery Community Fund.
To assist with improving the health of individuals and the local community and reducing social
- Identifying and engaging with individuals in need of support to change their health
- Assist and support those individuals in finding and using appropriate services
- Deliver health interventions to individuals and groups as appropriate
- Recruiting and supporting a group of Health Trainer Champions (volunteers)
- To apply asset based community development, engagement and consultation techniques as appropriate to engage the target groups/individuals.
- To work with existing groups to identify and engage with individuals from the community in need of support.
- To manage a caseload of individuals and maintain regular supportive contact with each person to assist them to achieve their goals.
- To encourage and facilitate the development and delivery of personal health action/activity plans.
- To source a holistic package of support to assist the development of each individual.
- To support the development of skills and knowledge and in particular assisting individuals to progress and achieve their health goals.
- To work as part of a team to develop a programme of health related activities for the local community.
- To plan and prepare suitable resources for the successful delivery of activities.
- To deliver a range of interactive health workshops.
- To support research and feed information into the evaluation processes. To assist with the evaluation of services and sessions as appropriate.
- To work with relevant partners and professionals to support the project.
- To assist with risk assessments on venues/activities as required.
- To assist Health Trainer Champions/volunteers to develop their skills and confidence and provide them with any necessary support.
- To be responsible for data management of participants including inputting information onto databases and generating reports.
- To collate and present verbal and written reports when required.
- To contribute to the development of systems and procedures, and the whole team approach in meeting quality and performance targets.
- To contribute to administrative systems and record appropriate data where required.
- To operate within commissioners guidelines, adhering to training, monitoring and financial requirements.
- To assist with PCP marketing and promotion activities, including supporting events and publicity campaigns.
- To work flexibly as part of a team and to provide cover for colleagues as required maintaining appropriate staffing levels within projects.
- To assist in ensuring the implementation of procedures and policies that operates within PCP.
- To undertake any other such duties as deemed appropriate by your line manager or Chief Executive.
Closing Date: Monday 17 February 2020, Midnight.
Interview Proposed: 4th March 2020