If you are passionate about supporting people affected by cancer PCP would love to hear from you. Macmillan Joining the dots look to improve people’s psychological well-being and assist them to live independently.
Title: Joining the Dots Facilitator
Salary: £25,509 (Pro-rata)
Provider: Pioneering Care Partnership
Location: Hybrid – Home/Catalyst House
Contact Length: Until March 2023
Macmillan Joining the Dots is a service provided in County Durham for people aged 18 or over affected by cancer.
The service is hosted by Wellbeing for life and delivered in partnership with Macmillan Cancer Support, Durham County Council and County Durham Care Partnership.
The aim of the service is to support people to make informed choices on all areas of financial, practical, emotional, and spiritual aspects of their life.
Macmillan Joining the dots look to improve people’s psychological well-being and assist them to live independently.
We are looking to appoint someone skilled in:
- Facilitating support for people affected by cancer, including family, friends, and carers
- Excellent communication skills and robust personal resilience
- Knowledge of health and lifestyle issues relating to adult cancers diagnoses (gained through practical experience and/or a health-related qualification)
- Understanding how their role impacts on the patient cancer journey, and a willingness to place the patient at the centre of what they do
- Supporting people with their mental wellbeing and signpost/refer to agencies or organisations where appropriate
Closing Date: Midnight 4 July