Title: Refugee Futures Director
Salary: £37,849 – £39,782 per annum
Hours: We are ideally looking for someone who wants to work full time, however, we would consider someone who wanted to work a condensed week, flexible hours or a minimum of 21 hours a week.
Provider: Refugee Futures
This is an exciting role for an ambitious leader who wants to shape the future development of the organisation to make a big difference to the lives of vulnerable people and those that support them.
Refugee Futures was established in 2021 following extensive consultation to establish the needs of asylum seekers and refugees in Stockton-on-Tees. We are now looking for the right person to lead the organisation who will build on the foundations laid and increase our capacity to deliver our strategy (see below).
The ideal candidate will need to demonstrate that they have;
• Experience of supporting vulnerable people, identifying, and developing best practice, particularly from within the voluntary sector.
• Experience of strategic planning and implementation working with a diverse Board of Trustees.
• Proven success in raising funds from a variety of sources, including from trusts and foundations, as well as delivering and reporting on agreed outcomes and the evaluation of services.
• Management experience, including the management of staff, budgets, projects and volunteers.
• An aptitude for, and/or experience of, networking and communicating with a wide variety of stakeholders.
Over the next three years Refugee Futures aims to support over 1,300 people. This will be done by delivering projects and working with other partners to ensure opportunities are accessible to asylum seekers and refugees, that they are able to maximise their abilities, connect with and integrate into the local community so that their lives may flourish in Stockton-On-Tees.
We will do this by;
• Providing opportunities for asylum seekers and refugees to be welcomed & included in partnership with other organisations
• Enabling and enhancing access to services to develop confidence, skills / abilities
• Working with others to promote narratives that positively encourage a sense of belonging
• Becoming a trusted, sustainable, and professional organisation
To apply, register your interest with Jess Wratten by emailing her on email@example.com and you will be sent a full Job Description, Strategic Plan and instructions on how to apply.
Closing date: Wednesday 26 October 2022 – 23:30