Are you an energetic and well-organised team player, who is motivated by project success that positively impacts the lives of asylum seekers?
Refugee Futures supports asylum seekers and refugees to integrate into life in Stockton-on-Tees by providing; a better welcome upon arrival, volunteering opportunities and training to become more employable. The charity was established in 2021 and is therefore in the early stages of building the foundations and capacity on which to deliver its strategy.
We are now looking for the right person to lead the setup and delivery of our Welcome Project.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small growing charity to set up a new and much-needed initiative working in partnership with other organisations in the Tees Valley.
This exciting project will empower newly arrived asylum seekers in Stockton-On-Tees by providing practical knowledge of where to seek support and access integration opportunities. You will recruit and manage a core team of volunteers including interpreters to conduct ‘welcome meetings’, set up a buddy system for new arrivals, and coordinate orientation training workshops.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Volunteer management experience
- Project & Event Management
- Effective networking, communication and partnership work
- Experience of working with Refugees and Asylum seekers
We particularly welcome applications from individuals with lived experience of migration.
Over the next three years Refugee Futures aims to support over 1,300 people. This will be done by delivering projects and working with other partners to ensure opportunities are accessible to asylum seekers and refugees that they are able to maximise their abilities, connect with and integrate into the local community so that their lives may flourish in Stockton-On-Tees.
We will do this by;
- Providing opportunities for asylum seekers and refugees to be welcomed & included in partnership with other organisations
- Enabling and enhancing access to services to develop confidence, skills / abilities
- Working with others to promote narratives that positively encourage a sense of belonging
- Becoming a trusted, sustainable, and professional organisation
To apply, email Jess Wratten email@example.com and you will be sent a full Job Description, Strategic Plan, and instructions on how to apply.
Application deadline: 9am Monday 28th November