Aapna Services is seeking to recruit a Residential Worker to maintain a high quality of care and support which meets the physical, emotional, intellectual, social and cultural needs of children and young people and adults within the care of Aapna Services. Working from guidelines from the 1989 Children’s Act, National Minimum Standards, Every Child Matters, Care Act and any other relevant legislation.
Purpose of job –
- To provide advice, assistance and support to young people.
- To attend to their practical, physical and emotional needs.
- To act as an appropriate role model and to work closely with them to enable them to address their difficulties and achieve their optimum potential.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To provide a caring, supportive and nurturing environment in which children/young people and adults can feel secure and free from harm.
- Establishing positive relationships with young people and service users and always offering them unconditional and positive regard.
- Helping young people/service users gain self-control by challenging unacceptable behaviour and rewarding acceptable, pro-social conduct.
- Ensuring that each service user’s care plan is followed and amended as appropriate to reflect their changing needs.
- Attending to practical matters in relation to childcare (cooking, cleaning, general maintenance around the home etc.)
- To act as a key worker or co-worker for a young person/service users to ensure that the young person’s care plans are up to date and that all their care needs are being met. To provide a positive role model to be able to offer advice, guidance and assistance where appropriate.
- Establishing relationships which service users perceive to be positive, warm and rewarding.
- Providing advice, assistance and support on a 1:1 basis to enable service users to address past and present difficulties.
- Providing emotional support at times of difficulty or stress.
Driving licence: Preferred
To find out more, please call on 01642 825926 for an informal chat or alternatively please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Fri 15th Jan