Daisy Chain Superstore,
Portrack Lane, Stockton-on-Tees
37.5 hours per week, on a rota basis, including weekends
£15,327.23 per annum (Permanent)
Daisy Chain is a well-known and established charity in Tees Valley specialising in helping families affected by autism. They believe that Daisy Chain makes a demonstrable, significant and sustainable difference to the lives of hundreds of families across the Tees Valley. Working at Daisy Chain gives you the opportunity to make a difference on a daily basis and to the see the positive outcomes that your input can make.
Daisy Chain is are looking to appoint a Retail Sort Assistant to provide consistent and reliable support to the Shop Manager, assisting with processing and sorting donations, processing Gift Aid and with the day to day retail activities of the Superstore. The superstore receives a high volume of donation’s and this role is key to ensuring they are managed and controlled in the most efficient way at all times.
I am passionate about improving the lives of families affected by Autism and believe I can make a difference. Does this sound like you?
Key tasks of this role include (but are not limited to)
- The role will demand moving high volumes of stock on a daily basis and managing stock levels which will involve moving heavy items at times.
- Ensuring donated stock is sorted and processed at the required speed in our fast sort area.
- Ensuring donors sign up to the Gift Aid scheme
- Adhere to the Gift Aid procedure when processing Gift Aided donations
- Ensuring all stock is sorted, priced and steamed before going on the shop floor
- Ensure that the high standard of service to customers that is expected by Daisy Chain is maintained at all times
- Assist any promotion in the shop as directed by the Shop and Assistant Shop Manager
- Achieve and maintain high standards of housekeeping, organisation and cleanliness throughout the store
- Price stock at a consistent level
- Ensure the stock density is kept full by ensuring there is adequate stock available at all times
- Assist in the training of staff and volunteers as required
- Complete all administrative paperwork such as sales sheets, gift aid sheets and stock control sheets correctly and promptly
- Notify a senior member of staff in the event of suspected theft or dishonesty by any member of staff/ volunteer
Application form, job description and person specification can be obtained from their website:
Alternatively you can contact the HR Department who will send you a recruitment pack.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon, 18th July 2018
Assessment Day: 25th July 2018
Interviews: 1st August 2018
This position is new to Daisy Chain. They would like the successful candidates to start as soon as possible.
Completed application forms should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org via email or post to Recruitment, HR Department, Daisy Chain, Calf Fallow Farm, Calf Fallow Lane, Norton, Stockton-On-Tees, TS20 1PF (CV’s must be accompanied with a Daisy Chain application form. Applications will not be processed without a Daisy Chain application form.)
Daisy Chain Project is a Registered Charity Number 1109792, Company Limited by Guarantee 4763989