Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust (JRCT) is accepting applications from charitable organisations in the UK undergoing work to achieve equal treatment for all people.
Within this programme, JRCT have set out the following three funding priorities:
- Protection and promotion of human rights and their enforcement in the UK.
- Promoting rights and justice for minorities who face the most severe forms of racism.
- Promotion of rights and justice for refugees and other migrants by identifying and tackling structures and systems that may deny them their rights.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Trust is also interested in work which:
- Collates evidence of lived experience of structural inequalities arising from the impact of or response to COVID-19 for black and minority ethnic communities, refugee and other migrants.
- Holds the government to account for systemic inequalities, injustices or abuses of power arising from responses to COVID-19.
- Builds the foundation for collective action, including resources for network of activists to be effective, and the development and showcasing of long-term systemic alternatives.
JRCT places an emphasis on supporting those who have direct experience of racism and oppression.
Funding is at the discretion of the Trustees.
The next deadline for applications is 29 November 2021.