Catalyst is looking for a Community Development Worker to support the Big Local Board in engaging with local residents and organisations.
This post is funded by the National Lottery Community Fund – Big Local Programme a £1 million, 10-year project, Roseworth is its seventh year. Continuous funding is subject to achievement of the programme year on year and can be subject to change.
Combination of office working and home working, as required
12 hrs per week, ideally over 3 days.
£23,917 pro rata
The core responsibilities arising out of this are to: –
Resident Involvement & Engagement
- Engage with the Roseworth community with the aim to raise awareness of Roseworth Big Local.
- To build on the involvement of local residents and communities in Roseworth and to further involve other stakeholders and organisations in the delivery of the RBL Plan
- To ensure residents and stakeholders are fully engaged in the RBL Plan
- To ensure the Board remains resident led and attend monthly Board meetings; support the Chair in setting the agenda; presenting reports and any other business required.
Contracting and Commissioning
- To promote the Rosebud grants to organisations and residents to ensure that Roseworth Big Local continue to support residents with new and innovative ideas.
Work with the Project Coordinator to:
- Develop, and produce regular newsletters and flyers to be delivered to all residents
- Develop, manage, update and write content for Roseworth Big Local website
- Support staff and residents to make effective use of the Roseworth Big Local brand for all projects and events
- Development of brand materials
- Graphic design work and photography for banners, posters, logos, on-line etc, with input from Catalyst’s Marketing and Communications Officer as necessary
- To provide support and learning to the Big Local Board
- Reporting regularly in person and in writing to the Big Local Board.
- To attend other relevant community meetings, events, workshops, training opportunities where appropriate.
- To support, encourage and develop any volunteers linked to the project
- The above duties and responsibilities cannot totally encompass or define all tasks that may be required of the incumbent. The outline duties and responsibilities may therefore vary from time to time without materially changing their character and or level of responsibility
To apply email email@example.com for an application form. Completed applications must be received by midnight 12th December.