Roseworth Big Local is one of 150 areas in England chosen to deliver Big Local – a community-led, 10-year programme funded by the National Lottery Community Fund which helps residents create lasting change through an investment of at least £1 million.
Roseworth Big Local puts residents and their community firmly in the driving seat enabling them to identify local needs, take action and make an impact. It is all about delivering in partnership, making the best of local knowledge, skills, ambition and enthusiasm to make Roseworth an even better place to live.
This post is responsible to the Big Local Board with Line management provided by Catalyst Stockton Community Programme Manager. This post is funded by the National Lottery Community Fund – Big Local Programme a £1 million, 10-year project, Roseworth is its sixth year. Continuous funding is subject to achievement of the programme year on year and can be subject to change.
Salary: £24,000 pro-rata
Hours: 30 hrs flexible, expectation of working evenings and occasional weekends.
Location: Stockton on Tees
Catalyst in its role as the Local Trusted Organisation for Roseworth Big Local will employ The Roseworth Big Local Community Development Worker. This role will be to support the Big Local Board in building its capacity and learning; the delivery of the current and ongoing Roseworth Big Local Delivery Plan (RBL) and manage external commissioned contracts. Whilst an office base is available within Catalyst the role will entail working in Roseworth, with local residents from the estate to build on existing capacity to increase community involvement in the Big Local Board.
As an employee of Catalyst, you will be expected to:
- Participate in regular supervision
- Attend all mandatory training
- Comply with all policies, procedures and protocols of the Locally Trusted Organisation
- Pay regard to materials and equipment
- Carry out duties with due regard to the Equal Opportunity Policy.
- Seek advice and support from the Catalyst Stockton Voice Worker whenever necessary.
The core responsibilities arising out of this are to: –
Resident Involvement & Engagement
- Support the Board to develop their plan, setting their priorities and with the procurement process if providers are needed for delivery
- Ensure that the Plan is being delivered, monitored and reported back to the Board on a regular basis. If any important decisions need making these will also be brought to the Board.
- Update and populate the RBL Plan for Local Trust annual reviews and submission of spend reports.
- The day to day work required in delivering the RBL Plan
- Engage with the wider community with the aim to recruit more board members. Where appropriate, take an RBL Board member along to attend some meetings
- To build on the involvement of local residents and communities in Roseworth and to further involve other stakeholders and organisations in the delivery of the RBL Plan
- To ensure residents and stakeholders are fully engaged in the RBL Plan
- To ensure the Board remains resident led and attend monthly Board meetings; support the Chair in setting the agenda; presenting reports and any other business required.
- To develop and coordinate projects, in line with the RBL Plan that enable community engagement and participation
- To provide administrative support to the Big Local Board and designated sub groups
- To develop policies, procedures and protocols for the ongoing management of the Big Local Board paying regard to sustainability and legacy.
- Work with the Local Trust Representative in ensuring opportunities available from the Local Trust Nationally and Regionally are capitalise upon and participated by the RBL Board and residents.
- To support any management or co-ordination of the use of premises in order to deliver the RBL activity.
Contracting and Commissioning
- To manage staff/coordinate volunteers as required by the Big Local Board
- Develop and manage contracts and commissions in order to fulfil the aspirations of the Big Local Plan
- Managing and keeping records of the financial aspects of the contracts and commissions
- Ensure that there are clear lines of communication between commissioned projects; existing organisations activities; other community partnerships i.e. Roseworth Community Partnership and other stakeholders
- Link with stakeholders and partners communication media platforms i.e. social media; newsletters etc.
- Manage and create social media platforms to ensure Roseworth Residents are kept fully informed and included in all RBL opportunities.
- To provide support and learning to the Big Local Board
- Reporting regularly in person and in writing to the Big Local Board.
- To attend other relevant community meetings, events, workshops, training opportunities where appropriate.
- To support, encourage and develop any volunteers linked to the project
- The above duties and responsibilities cannot totally encompass or define all tasks that may be required of the incumbent. The outline duties and responsibilities may therefore vary from time to time without materially changing their character and or level of responsibility
To download the Person Specification CLICK HERE
How to apply
Please download the application form CLICK HERE
For an informal discussion about Roseworth Big Local or the position, please contact Lesley Makin on 077395 19420, the Roseworth Big Local Development Project Officer
Completed forms are to be returned by post to: Aylia Atherley, Catalyst House, 27 Yarm Road, Stockton-on-Tees, TS18 3NJ or email email@example.com.
Please Note: All applications must be received by: Midday, Thurs 24th October 2019
We will endeavour to let shortlisted candidates know as soon as possible after this date.
Please note that interviews are scheduled for Wednesday 13th November at Catalyst House, 27 Yarm Road, Stockton-on-Tees, TS18 3NJ.