The training courses in the Hartlepool and Stockton-on-Tees Safeguarding Children Partnership (HSSCP) safeguarding children training programme have been reviewed and consideration has been given to ensure that individuals are able to be more flexible in meeting their safeguarding children training requirements.
Therefore, those working in frontline children’s services can undertake the Safeguarding Children Foundation training (1 day) course and when they are due to refresh this safeguarding training they can do so with any one of the courses provided by HSSCP (safeguarding training programme available via HSSCP). This is also an excellent course for staff working with children and famlies to undertake to gain a wide variety of foundation knowledge of the safeguarding arena.
There are places available on the following training course: Safeguarding Children Foundation Training:
Date: 3rd March/17th March 2020
Time: 9.30am to 4.30pm
Course Aim(s): For participants to strengthen their practice in safeguarding children by understanding their role and responsibilities in order to achieve better outcomes for children and young people. Also, to enable multi-agency practitioners to work effectively in the safeguarding and child protection area and strengthen multi-agency collaboration and joint working.
Learning Objectives: By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- To understand the key principles relating to the identification and protection of children within legislation and statutory guidance.
- To be able to recognise the signs and symptoms of child abuse and the short and long term impact on children and young people.
- To understand how parental risk factors can impact on the safety and welfare of the child.
- To be able to respond appropriately to concerns regarding a child’s safety and welfare.
- To understand the importance of documentation, communication and information sharing between professionals to effectively safeguard children whilst clarifying the issues of confidentiality and consent.
- To understand the local picture as it relates to safeguarding of children.
- Have a raised awareness of the Child Safeguarding Practice Review.
- Be able to respond appropriately to disclosures of abuse from children.
- To understand what happens when an allegation is made against someone whose profession involves coming into contact with children.
- To enhance skills in partnership working.
Please complete the HSSCP Safeguarding Children Learning Application Form and return it to the Hartlepool and Stockton-on-Tees Safeguarding Children Partnership (HSSCP), Children’s & Joint Commissioning Services, Level 4, Civic Centre, Victoria Road, Hartlepool, TS24 8AY or if electronic signatures are used via email to HSSCPtraining@hartlepool.gov.uk as soon as possible.
Please note: All sections of the application form must be completed or your application form will be returned to you to fully complete before your application can be processed.
Hartlepool and Stockton-on-Tees Safeguarding Children Partnership’s (HSSCP) Safeguarding Children Learning Programme 2019-2020 is available via the following link: HSSCP. Within the programme are details of the HSSCP Charging Policy and Application/Cancellation Process. HSSCP Charging Policy.
All of the courses within this programme are awareness raising courses delivered on a multi-agency basis. Please refer to the course details and target audience section to establish if the course is suitable to your job role. If your role requires more specialist training please contact your own organisation workforce development representative. Please note: All of the courses in the safeguarding children learning programme can be utilised as a safeguarding refresher once you have completed the Safeguarding Children Foundation training course.
For those who only require a basic awareness or refresh of a subject area, the following web-link will take you to the Tees Safeguarding All (Child and Adult) E-Learning for 2019-2020, which can be accessed from any electronic device with an internet connection: https://tsab.virtual-college.co.uk/ (additional software may be required on some devices).
All of the activities within the HSSCP Safeguarding Children Learning Programme are available to all of the child and adult workforce working with children, young people and their families across both Hartlepool and Stockton-on-Tees, regardless of which geographical area they are employed.
If you require further information please contact us via email to HSSCPtraining@hartlepool.gov.uk or Tel: 01429 523825.