This course aims to raise awareness of E-Safety; how it relates to safeguarding children/young people and adults and also, how to respond appropriately to e-safety issues for children/young people and adults, including ensuring their safety.
Do you work with children; young people and/or vulnerable adults?
Do you know how to keep them safe when they are using internet devices?
To find out more on how you can help keep them safe please apply for a place on the Safeguarding Children in a Digital World (E-Safety Awareness) Briefing
Date: 14th October 2020
Time: 1.30pm to 3pm
Venue: Delivered virtually via Microsoft Teams)
Course Aim(s): To raise awareness of E-Safety; how it relates to safeguarding children/young people and adults and also, how to respond appropriately to e-safety issues for children/young people and adults, including ensuring their safety.
To enable practitioners to:
- Gain an overview and understanding of the technical issues relating to all forms of communication devices and online interactions.
- Gain an overview and understanding of the social issues relating to all forms of communication devices and online interactions.
- Promote safe and responsible use of the internet and other digital technologies.
- State the impact of new technology and its implications.
- Identify the benefits and risks of online activity on new technology to adults and young people.
- Recognise how to report on an incident of e-safety.
- Categorise difference sources of threat through online and new technology.
- Access key sources of information and sources and support.
E-Safety and the use of new technology is a constantly changing arena, therefore, it would be useful to attend updates on a regular basis.
To apply for a place: please email HSSCPTraining@hartlepool.gov.uk stating your name, job title and the course title with date & time of the session.
Please refer to the course details and target audience section to establish if the course is suitable to your job role. If your role requires more specialist training please contact your own organisation workforce development representative. Please note: All of the courses in the safeguarding children learning programme can be utilised as a safeguarding refresher once you have completed the Safeguarding Children Foundation training course.
The HSSCP Safeguarding Children Learning Programme 2020-2021 is available via the following link: HSSCP. Within the programme are details of the HSSCP Charging Policy and Application/Cancellation Process. All of the courses within the HSSCP Safeguarding Children training programme are awareness raising courses delivered on a multi-agency basis. All of the activities within the HSSCP Safeguarding Children Learning Programme are available to all of the child and adult workforce working with children, young people and their families across both Hartlepool and Stockton-on-Tees, regardless of which geographical area they are employed.
If you require further information please contact us via email to HSSCPtraining@hartlepool.gov.uk or Tel: 01429 523825.