We are currently recruiting for a Needs, Advice and Support Worker in the Home Improvement Agency, for the provision of an effective and efficient Needs Advice and Guidance Service.
Title: Needs, Advice and Support Worker
Provider: Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council
This role serves as the single point of contact for qualifying service users, delivering advice and information to enable those in need of support to maintain their independence, dignity, health and well-being in their chosen home for the foreseeable future.
The post holder will work closely with residents from across the Borough to identify their needs in relation to:
• Improving home insulation and energy efficiency to tackle some of the causes of ill health associated with living in poorly insulated homes.
• Reducing the number of non-decent homes across the Borough and to tackle incidences of Category 1&2 hazards, as defined by the Housing Health and Safety Rating system.
• Helping residents access and secure unclaimed benefits
• Identify and secure grant funding to fund necessary home repairs obtain essential items to help residents remain at home
• Supporting users through active signposting to access alternative support services.