The Corner House Youth Project delivers a programme of Youth Work across the Borough of Stockton-on-Tees.
They are currently recruiting Sessional Youth Workers for a variety of posts of varying hours, dependant on organisational needs.
Requirements of the post holder:
- Passion for youth work / working with young people
- Friendly and approachable manner
- An understanding of the issues (local and nationally) affecting young people;
- Confidence to challenge young people’s views and/or behaviour in a positive and supportive manner
- Able to work flexible hours (mainly evenings and weekends)
Roles and responsibilities will include
- To create a welcoming and positive atmosphere for young people
- To assist in programme development of activities for young people, that address needs and encourage participation.
- To facilitate engaging and interactive sessions for young people.
- To build professional relationships with young people to encourage positive behaviour change.
- Promote opportunities and access for young people to become actively involved in their local community.
- To identify any safeguarding concerns and report through the appropriate channels.
The post holder will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check before commencing employment.
Experience/qualifications in youth work or a similar field is an advantage, but not essential. We offer a full induction programme and can provide training for those interested in pursuing a career in youth work.
For an informal discussion please contact Debbie Jones / Jacky Duncan on 01642 868331.
For an application pack please contact email@example.com