The Corner House Youth Project is a leading community organisation supporting young people in Stockton-on-Tees. They work to enable young people to have opportunities, get involved in their communities, enjoy their lives and achieve their potential.
They provide high quality youth services for the area through our own direct youth work and by liaising with and supporting partner organisations working with young people.
They are currently seeking to recruit a Sessional Youth Worker for 6 hours per fortnight. The successful applicant will be offered 6 hours fortnightly, to include Wednesday & Thursday evenings. There may be further opportunities for additional hours, on different evenings.
They are seeking applications from individuals who have experience of working with children & young people, a passion to build boundary led, positive relationships & a commitment to inclusivity/inclusive practice.
Requirements of the post holder:
- an understanding of the issues affecting Young People;
- Experience of working with vulnerable young people
- Understanding of the complexities of engaging with diverse communities (& a willingness to do so)
- To undertake an induction programme and any training relevant to the post
- the ability to maintain effective professional relationships with young people
- the ability to realise imaginative ideas for youth work opportunities/programmes, with the ability to contribute to plans and programmes;
- be willing to challenge young people’s views in a positive and supportive manner;
- Able to work in set locations-working mainly evenings and weekends
- Subject to an Enhanced DBS check and suitable references.
Roles and responsibilities will include
- To assist in the development of a programme of activities for young people that address their needs, that encourages participation and involvement in all aspects of the planning and delivery of the provision.
- To work with young people, local groups, individuals and agencies to identify needs and develop action plans for youth provision in each neighbourhood base.
- To build positive relationships with young people to encourage positive outcomes which effect a lasting change.
- Promote opportunities and access for young people to become actively involved in the local decision-making of their own communities.
- To take direction from management & lead youth work staff around expectations
Rate of pay:
- £10.19-£12.38 per hour dependant upon experience
For an application pack or further information, please contact Karen Winner on: 01642 868331 or email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 15th October