Current welfare benefits are failing, but what would be a better system?
The Commission on Social Security is a project set up to find out how to improve the social security/benefits system.
The project is led by Experts by Experience. All the Commissioners have lived experience of benefits.
The Commissioners come from a range of claimant/user led groups and Deaf and Disabled people’s organisations.
Last year the Commission issued a Call for Solutions asking for suggestions for a better system. There were over 1,000 responses.
The Commission has now identified 8 ideas and is launching a public consultation to see what people think of them.
The online event, which takes place on Wednesday 12th August at 7:00pm will:
- Unveil the Commission’s proposals
- Explain how you can have your say
- Provide information about getting involved in the consultation
- Have British Sign Language interpretation and live subtitles
- To join the event please register here and further details will then be sent to you nearer the time.