Catalyst is delighted to be working in partnership with Stockton Borough Council and with the input and support of our colleagues in the VCSE sector to develop a new, Volunteering Strategy for Stockton-on-Tees.
With the contribution of volunteers to the Borough and the Country as a whole, being more important than ever, it’s a great time for us to move forward with clarity and focus and this strategy aims to help us do this.
The seven values in our draft strategy are:
- Increase the number of people committing to volunteering from all communities.
- Promote good practice in volunteering and volunteer management.
- Encourage and recruit volunteers from any background, age, race, sexual orientation, faith or other demographic
- Work to provide equal access to volunteering, making reasonable adjustments to ensure this
- Develop a model of flexible volunteering, including corporate volunteering, for use across the Borough
- To ensure organisations across all sectors know how volunteering could work for and benefit them
- Champion volunteers, recognising and celebrating the social and economic impact they have on the Borough
This document aims to provide a framework for the public sector and the VCSE across Stockton-on-Tees, to inform and support the ways they use volunteers and help them respond to these changes. The finished document will inform an action plan, to identify how the values of the strategy can be achieved.
We want to hear what you think.
The consultation will run until 5pm, Wednesday 17th March. Any feedback should be submitted to Lucy Owens, Catalyst Volunteer Manager at email@example.com