With colder weather and the flu season just around the corner, smokers within the Borough are being asked to take up the 28-day Stoptober challenge.
More than two million people nationally have attempted to stop smoking during the month of October since the campaign was launched in 2012.
Smoking damages the lungs as well as harming your immune system, leaving you more vulnerable to the flu and other respiratory infections with severe symptoms.
So, are you ready for the challenge?
Many people attempt to quit using willpower alone but there are lots of handy tips and tools available if you’re taking on the Stoptober challenge:
- Download the free NHS Stoptober app where you can track your progress, see how much money you’re saving and access daily support throughout October.
- If you’d like to speak to a trained advisor, contact the Stockton Stop Smoking Specialist Service on 01642 383819 or 01642 383818 between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
- Join the official Facebook group with more than 4,000 like-minded people to share your story and read the inspirational success of others.
- Get a free, personal quit plan from the NHS.
- Find out more about stop smoking aids to help you manage your cravings.