Middlesbrough Council on behalf of the four Tees Local Authorities (Stockton-On-Tees, Hartlepool, Redcar & Cleveland and Middlesbrough) are collaborating with the Tees Suicide Prevention Taskforce to recruit to a full time fixed-term appointment for a Tees Suicide Prevention Coordinator.
Service Area: Public Health
Directorate: Public Health
Salary: Grade L – £33, 799 – £35,934
Hours: 37 hours
Location: Based in Middlesbrough but required to work across Tees
Contractual Status: Fixed Term (2 years) – April 2022
This is an exciting and innovative opportunity to support the development and implementation of our ambition to both reduce suicide by at least 10% by 2021 and provide better support for those bereaved or affected by suicide.
The Suicide Prevention Coordinator’s areas of focus will therefore include:
- Developing, maintaining and co-ordinating working relationships with key partners and stakeholders
- Coordination of Tees Suicide Prevention Taskforce and action plan
- Advising and contributing to the development of activities to reduce the risk of suicide in key high-risk groups
- Advising and contributing to the development of tailored local approaches to improve mental health in specific groups
- Working with key stakeholders to reduce access to the means of suicide
- Working with key stakeholders to improve information provision and support to those bereaved or affected by suicide
- Supporting the media to deliver sensitive approaches to suicide and suicidal behaviour
- Collate, interpret and monitor local research, local data
- Contribute to local suicide audits and investigation to inform an early suicide alert system.
The post holder will have a proven track record of co-ordinating partnership led work; collation, management and interpretation of data with an excellent understanding of local and national policy for suicide prevention
For further details and to apply online please visit www.middlesbrough.gov.uk/jobs
The above post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Closing date: Monday 3rd February 2020, 5pm
Interview date: 30th February 2020
Interview location: Live Well Centre, Dundas Centre, Middlesbrough