About Tees Valley Nature Partnership
The Partnership works to coordinate and strengthen local action to secure a functioning, sustainable and resilient bio-diverse natural environment to improve the health, well-being and livelihoods of people in the Tees Valley. The Partnership is currently made up of 45 different organisations working within the Tees Valley. TVNP’s vision is: ‘A Tees Valley where more people are connected to bigger and better wildlife rich spaces’.
Tees Valley Nature Partnership has just introduced a new small grant scheme to support community groups working on projects relating to nature in the Tees Valley. The TVNP Community Grant is intended to support community organisations, in the Tees Valley, which increase participation in nature and or the outdoors. The primary aim of this funding it to enable small local groups to fund work that other grant schemes might not cover, or to supplement funding from other small grants.
After consultation with local community groups in the Tees Valley, it was found that smaller pots of funding for the everyday challenges were harder to find than the larger amounts of funding for big projects. As a result of this feedback TVNP has introduced a small grants scheme to provide grants up to £2,000 for community groups in the Tees Valley.
Examples of what we can fund:
- New tools or equipment to help with outdoor work in a natural green space.
- Setting up or renewing your website.
- Social media training.
- Contract work to help maintain your green space.
- Materials for events in a green space or to do with the environment
- Art materials for arts classes or clubs doing work related to nature and the outdoors.
- Training or development.
- Technical or professional expertise e.g. site survey, ecologist report.
Who Can Apply?
- The applicant does not have to be a registered charity.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they are a group with a set of rules or constitution. If you don’t have a set of rules, we can provide you with examples from other local groups.
- Applicants must be seeking funding for work within the Tees Valley, if you are unsure whether you are in the Tees Valley boundary please consult the map on this page
- The group applying must have a group bank account the with at least two signatories or have separate body in charge of its funds.
- Annual income of the group must be less than £20,000, this may exclude ring fenced project funding, please contact us for clarification if you are unsure.
Size of Grants Available
- Grants of up to £2000 are available
- You can hold more than one grant from this fund, up to a maximum of £2000 in one year.
Closing Date for Applications
Grant applications are reviewed twice a year, the 2020 deadlines for completed grant applications are: 13th March and 11th September. Applicants will receive the grant panel’s decision no later than two weeks after the deadline.
Application forms and more information can be found at;
Feel free to contact TVNP before submitting your application either by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 01287 636382