A Free Learning Event from Tees Valley Sport.
Friday 11th December
Tees Valley Sport are delivering a virtual learning event for clubs and organisations that deliver sport and physical activity across the Tees Valley. The focus will be on the support available to help through Covid as well as looking to the future and building resilient clubs and organisations.
We have developed an exciting programme workshops which will be delivered by national, regional and local partners and the key note speaker is Sport England’s Head of Clubs, Rosie Benson.
A brief programme of the day is detailed below:
- 9.30am: Arrival
- 9.40am: Introduction and Key Notes Speaker (Rosie Benson – Sport England)
- 10.00am – 10.30am: Workshop 1 (30 minutes)
- 10.35am – 11.05am: Workshop 2 (30 minutes)
- 11.05am-11.15am: Break (10 minutes)
- 11.15am-11.45am: Workshop 3 (30 minutes)
- 11.50am-12.20pm: Workshop 4 (30 minutes)
- 12 .20pm-12.30pm: Closing
To register for the event, please select 4 workshops from the list below and send your name, the name of your organisation and contact details to email@example.com They will confirm your place on the conference, your workshops, the timings and circulate the joining instructions after the deadline.
- Explore the impact sport and physical activity can have on maintaining and improving mental health.
- Explore local and national funding opportunities including grant funding and community fundraising such as crowdfunding.
- How can clubs/organisations connect to the community and develop a diverse following using social media, online content and resources.
- Supporting existing volunteers and recruiting and developing new ones for your club or organisation.
Working better with schools
- How to build effective relationships with schools and education partners.
- Club Matters resources and a discussion around the Big Club Conversation.
- Looking at Sported and the various resources and tools that can support with developing your club and organisation.
- Discussion of ideas and how to build confidence to enable organisations to provide inclusive offer that are engaging to more members of the community.
Working with LSEG communities
- Clubs/organisations will get a better understanding of working with people from a low socio economic background.
For more information contact, Mark Dobinson, Tees Valley Sport, firstname.lastname@example.org