Grants are available to support young people challenged by abuse and addiction, those who are young carers, and those who are homeless or without a safe place to call home, with grants up to £ 2,500.
The foundation makes grants to projects which support young people (16 years and under) who are challenged by abuse or addiction, who are young carers, or who are homeless/without a safe place to call home.
Applications will be considered from organisations who require funding in the areas of:
- Child carers
Organisations must have a turnover of under £1.5 million and be supporting young people aged 16 years and under. The grant funding is intended to support young people (aged 16 and under) challenged by abuse and addiction, those who are young carers, and those who are homeless or without a safe space to call home.
Funding is offered across the following streams:
- Project grants to cover the costs of projects which:
- Enable young people to have the best start in life and aim high.
- Have a direct impact and respond to a need in an immediate manner.
- Are hosted in geographical areas of deprivation and socioeconomic disadvantage.
- Respond to one or more of the funding priorities of the7stars foundation.
- Address a lack of provision (due to a lack of funding from alternative sources).
- Provide immediate support, not just in the short-term but with long-term benefits too.
- Shine Bright funding for regional charities during the Covid-19 pandemic. Funding enables charities to purchase wellbeing, emotional and mental health support items or educational, creative resources for the young people they support to promote happiness in a time of worry and anxiety. (Beneficiaries are selected and items are purchased/distributed by the charity partner.)
- Direct grants funding to individuals affected by the themes we priorities, supported by outreach/social/care workers or legal professionals. (Applications must be submitted by the supporting professional/organisation.)
Regarding projects for Child Carers, preference will be given to projects offering long-term impact and/or sustainable support (such as mentoring or outreach programmes) over recreational trips.
How To Apply
Due to a large volume of applications from the previous funding round, the Project and Shine Bright funding streams have been closed to enable previously submitted applications to be reviewed appropriately. They will reopen on 1 July and run till 31 August for October funding review. Successful applicants will be notified mid-month of any funding decisions.
Guidance notes and an online application form are available from the 7stars foundation website. For more information about the 7stars foundation click here.