The Gas Safe Charity runs free, online ‘Think CO’ workshops to raise awareness of carbon monoxide (CO) risks in the homes of vulnerable people.
They are aimed at those staff and volunteers who provide support in the home. After the training, you will be more aware of the sources, signs and symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning and understand what to do if you suspect a CO incident.
Earlier this year a member of the North Yorkshire County Council’s reablement team was visiting a client, only a few weeks after attending the Think CO workshop. He spotted a gas fire showing signs that it was not working properly and the client described headaches, nausea and dizziness. After an emergency visit from a Gas Safe registered engineer, the fire was condemned because it was leaking carbon monoxide. This is an example of why this training is so important; it raises awareness and it can save lives.
If you or a team member would like to participate in a free, hour-long Think CO workshop please click on this link to book: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/115618952399