Grants are available for registered charities for specific projects or core activities that support literacy, numeracy, digital and additional skills for learning that are likely to assist employment prospects.
Funding body: Thomas Wall Trust
Maximum value: £ 5,000
Application deadline: 03/09/2021
Thomas Wall II created his Trust in 1920 for the “encouragement and assistance of educational work and social service”. Today, the Trust continues to assist in these areas by providing grants to individuals and organisations.
Objectives of Fund
The Trust’s grant programme for UK registered charities aims to support people with an emphasis on building confidence, knowledge and skills, and therefore increasing prospects of employment.
Grants of up to £5,000 are available.
The Trust will support annual repeat funding for up to three years – subject to satisfactory annual reviews of progress and impact.
Match Funding Restrictions
Priority will be given to match funded projects.
Who Can Apply
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a UK charity that has been registered with the Charity Commission for at least three years.
- Have an annual turnover that does not exceed £500,000.
The following are not eligible for funding:
- Organisations with political, lobbying or proselytizing objectives.
- Capital costs (the purchase of land, buildings, construction).
- Charities that operate outside of the UK.
- Subsidiaries, ‘off shoots’ or franchises of larger charities.
The funding will support a project or running costs for a charity that equips people (aged 11 and over) with the skills ready for employment.
Priority will be given to:
- Match funded projects.
- Charities that can provide compelling evidence of impact.
- Charities working with collaborative networks.
- Self-sustainable projects, with a view to becoming less reliant on grants in the future.
How To Apply
There is a two-stage application process.
Stage one is to complete an online Expression of Interest form (available on the Trust’s website) which requires some basic contact details and a short description of what the funding is required for. The next deadline for submitting an Expression of Interest form is 3 September 2021.
Stage two is by invitation only and involves completing a more in-depth application form and to submit a Project Plan, budget, latest set of financial accounts and any relevant policies.
Unsuccessful applicants will be notified by email.
Groups that would like to contact the Trust will need to use the Trust’s online message form which is on Trust’s website contact page.
Thomas Wall Trust