Voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) organisations have just over a month to apply for their share of a £2.5 million climate engagement fund ahead of the 26th UN Climate Change Conference of the Parties (COP26), hosted in the UK next month.
Grants of £1,000 to £10,000 are available for activities relating to the climate in one of the following areas:
- Waste and consumption.
- The natural environment.
Approximately 400 to 500 awards will be made through this National Lottery Community Fund, with each project required to meet at least two of the following criteria:
- Support the development of a longer-term climate action within communities after the COP26 event.
- Encourage communities to plan for the climate emergency.
- Celebrate the importance of community-led climate action and encourage more people to get involved.
- Build resilience in communities hardest hit by climate change.
- Provide jobs, skills or training opportunities for communities which support climate action.
It is expected that most of the funding awarded will be to support activities taking place after the COP26 conference, which runs from 1 November to 12 November 2021.
The funder is particularly interested in applications from groups who are starting to think about taking action on climate change in their communities.
The deadline to apply is 18 November 2021 (5pm).