Nite Light CIC operates a ‘Pay it Forward’ service working throughout the Tees Valley area to help the most in need.
Originally set up to help and support the homeless our services are now available for all; everyone needs a little help from time to time.
Where food is hard to come by, hygiene becomes second best. They provide hygiene bags for men, women and children.
They give out cards for meals, snacks and drinks which can be claimed in our partnered cafes and bistros.
Nite Light is growing with new services being implemented to increase the support offered.
Nite Light is looking for a Volunteer Coordinator to join their team. As a Volunteer Coordinator, you will mainly be responsible for recruiting and managing volunteers throughout the Tees Valley area. You will be expected to help spread the word about the fantastic work we do and create and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders. They are looking for a well organised individual with excellent communication skills.
Days: Monday to Sunday (Flexible working)
Hours: 20 per week, 12 month contract
Rate of Pay: £9 per hour
- Source and recruit volunteers including gaining references, induction, training and supporting
- Manage schedules for everyday activities
- Communicate frequently with volunteers
- Lead on volunteer team meetings
- Attend relevant meetings
- Be responsible for the health, safety and wellbeing of volunteers
- Keep and manage records of volunteers’ information and work completed
- Organise and attend events
- Identify new ways of working and new opportunities
- Any other duties that are relevant to the position
Office Administrator Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong Attention to Detail
- Ability to Work Without Supervision
- Excellent Time Management Skills
- Exceptional Communication and Customer Service Skills
- Technical Skills, Including Proficiency with Microsoft Office Programs
- Strong Prioritisation and Organisation Skills
- Ability to Handle Confidential Information
- Strong Record Keeping Skills
- Good Presentation Skills
- Ability to Multitask
- Trustworthy and able to manage money
This role requires a driving license and access to a vehicle.
Previous experience is desirable but not essential.
You will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check prior to employment commencing.
To apply, please email a covering letter along with your Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Fri 15th Oct