Helping you to stay warm and well during the cold weather.
Warm Homes Healthy People in Stockton-on-Tees has been set up to give support to people whose health makes them vulnerable to cold weather.
Cold weather can have a serious impact on health and make people more vulnerable to pneumonia, heart attacks, strokes and depression. Keeping warm and healthy during cold weather can help keep illness away.
If you are any of the following:
- Over 75
- In receipt of disability benefits
- Have a long term illness made worse by the cold
- Live with a child (under 5)who has a long term illness made worse by the cold
We can help with:
- Emergency heating
- Energy debt advice and welfare benefits advice and assistance
- Home handyman service – which can assist with modest energy efficiency measures or minor repairs
- We also offer wider advice and support to help keep you healthy and more able to cope with cold weather
And if you are in receipt of qualifying benefits:
- Boiler servicing and repairs
For more information please call 01642 528215
or visit www.stockton.gov.uk/warmhomes