About A Fairer Start
A Fairer Start was a 4 year pilot programme managed by Catalyst from 2014 – 2018 with partners from the NHS North Tees & Hartlepool Foundation Trust and Stockton Borough Council.
The aim of A Fairer Start is to give every child the best start in life and improving school readiness by age 5. With a distinct approach to working with families in Stockton Town Centre ward, this ambitious programme brought together over 150 multi-agency professionals and volunteers to develop skills, knowledge and behaviours relating to Early Years practice whilst also providing additional services out in the community. This approach has heavily influenced the wider 0-19 Children Services model adopted by Stockton Borough Council in 2018, building on lessons learned from the pilot programme.
A Fairer Start Approach
A Fairer Start aimed to proactively challenge, influence and support partners to:
- Respond to the needs and experiences of children, families and communities.
- Holistically support, work and communicate with families in a way that is relevant to their individual needs.
- Remove barriers to improving services and strengthen relationships between Early Years/Health practitioners and all sectors.
- Create a sense of belonging to the ‘A Fairer Start town’ among all children, families, communities, professionals and organisations.
- Support the development of Community Champions to empower families, foster community spirit and raise awareness of available services.
- Create an environment where families are comfortable in their decisions and can build trusting relationships with professionals and their community.
- Provide opportunities for volunteers and professionals to develop skills and knowledge to ensure consistent sharing of early year’s messages.
For further information please contact Nathan Duff on 01642 733906 or email@example.com.