BMBF have been working with the Sport and Active Life Team, and Public Health, to look at how we can make walking more fun!
Utilising some of the amazing Orienteering Courses here in Stockton on Tees, BMBF are challenging the whole of Stockton on Tees to take on a fun orienteering challenge to help raise money for the Mayor’s 100 hero’s charity! This is a great opportunity to reconnect with friends and colleagues, enjoy the great outdoors and support local charities.
There are 2 different challenges for you to take on, a shorter or a longer course, taking in the fantastic scenery around the Tees Barrage and International white water course. So, whether you haven’t walked in a while or you’re already hitting 10,000 steps a day, there is a route for everyone!
All BMBF ask is that you do the following:
It’s simple –
- Establish a team and give yourselves a name (no more than 6 in a team)
- Register by emailing email@example.com
- Visit Virtual Orienteering Challenges (clok.org.uk) for instructions
- Download MapRunApp6 to register
- Choose the short or long route http://clok.org.uk/vrr/index.htm
- Once completed, pay your teams £10 fee by donating here: https://www.gofundme.com/manage/mayor-cllr-faulks-charity-fundraiser
BMBF love to see pictures of you and your team completing the challenge. Whether you want to send a selfie, an action shot or capture some of the amazing wildlife, please send in your pictures to our BMBF email or tag them on social media (Facebook @brightmindsbigfutures or Instagram @_bmbf and you could be in with a chance of winning a special prize for you and your team!
For more information please contact Sophie Haste via firstname.lastname@example.org