Rosa and Smallwood Trust Launch Women Thrive Fund
Rosa and the Smallwood Trust working in partnership have created this new £1.79 million fund with money awarded by the Tampon Tax Fund in response to the ‘devastating’ impact that the coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic has had on women and girls across the UK.
The funding is for work that supports the UK’s most vulnerable, disadvantaged and/or under-represented women and girls to:
Improve their mental health and wellbeing, gaining confidence, tools, skills and support to sustain those improvements; and/or
Improve their financial resilience, increasing their routes out of poverty, gaining confidence, tools, skills and support to secure a stable financial future.
The funding will also build stronger women’s organisations that are more sustainable and better able to meet the needs of women and girls.
Applicants must also address one of the following priority areas:
- Drug and alcohol services.
- Education and employment activity.
- Engaging excluded and vulnerable women and girls through sport.
- Work to address period poverty.
- Work to address women’s and girls’ loneliness.
- Work to increase gender equality.
- LGBTQI-specific services.
- Services for Black and minoritised women and girls.
- Work with female offenders.
- Work with financially vulnerable women and girls and women on low incomes.
- Work with older women.
- Work with women and girls with disabilities and/or women and girls with learning disabilities.
- Work with women and girls with multiple and/or complex needs.
Depending on their annual turnover, not-for-profit organisations that are run predominantly by, for and with women can apply for grants of up to £15,000 or £40,000.
The funding will pay for the costs of the project activity (project costs) and the costs of running the organisation (core costs). All funding must be spent and activity completed by 31 December 2022.
‘How to apply’ webinars will be held on 17 February (1pm); 25 February (10am); 8 March (6pm); and 18 March (1pm).
The deadline for grant applications is 25 March 2021 (5pm).