Youth Homelessness North East (YHNE) is an independent organisation driven by a community of young people, partners from local authorities in the north east, the Third Sector, registered providers and associated organisation’s.
They support partnership and collaboration between young people and other organisations and providers in the youth homelessness sector. We believe ‘Every young person has the right to a home’.
About the opportunity
They are looking to recruit a sessional Youth Engagement and Training Worker.
Salary: £9.01 – £10.92 per hour
You will be required to work within a hub and spoke model with partners across the region to engage young people at risk of or affected by homelessness. You will report to the Director at our Newcastle office. The successful applicant will be required to:
- Work closely with our partners to support the engagement of young people and the delivery of local activity
- Enable the voices of young people affect by homelessness to be heard to encourage and inform best practice in resolving homelessness
- Devise innovative ways to actively engage the most ‘hard to reach’ young people
- To design and deliver creative workshop and training materials
- To assist in the delivery of training to young people (14-25 years old) and professionals in the housing sector throughout the region;
- To support us in providing ‘train the trainer’ sessions to partner organisations
- Engage additional partners to enable more young people to participate
To work with YHNE you will be a qualified and experienced youth worker who can demonstrate the following:
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Able to inspire, motivate and gain trust
- Skilled in producing materials to deliver informal education/training
- Able to manage your own work and meet deadlines
Deadline for applications is: 12 noon, Monday, 8 October 2018
This post is subject to Enhanced DBS Vetting.