This session is part of our August 2022 training, delivered by Stockton Borough Council Learning and Skills, takes a lifespan approach and includes safeguarding for both adults and children and the links between both. To access our events calendar for forthcoming courses and training click here.
- The concept of safeguarding and the meaning in the context of wellbeing and positive outcomes for people.
- The impact of legislation and policy on approaches to adult safeguarding.
- The principles underpinning adult safeguarding work
- Engage with a range of challenging questions/scenarios associated with adult safeguarding.
- Types of abuse
- Signs and symptoms of abuse
- Legal and policy framework related to adult safeguarding
- Responding to abuse and inter-agency working
- Raise awareness of the legislative framework as they relate to safeguarding children
- Raise awareness of recent changes to legislation and policy
- Examine the signs and indicators that may raise safeguarding and child protection concerns
- Explore responsibilities in relation to referring and recording safeguarding and child protection concerns
- Challenge some of the myths associated with child abuse and the process of safeguarding children
- The main forms of abuse
- Signs that might indicate an abuse concern
- Children’s rights
- Responding and taking action if abuse is suspected or a child or young person confides abuse
- Reporting concerns
- Safeguarding legislation, policy and good practice
- Scenario work and discussion
Please note that while a majority of our courses are free for members of the VCSE sector, a £25 cancellation fee will be charged if you cancel your place within 48 hours of the training taking place of you fail to attend.